2011-04-19

Day 2

Workout % : 50.0%
Body Fat  : 32%
Weight    : 253.2
Trend     : 257.1
% Lost    : 0.30%

Not exactly off to a flying start at the gym. With this new schedule that sees me working out in the morning, I didn't have enough time to get my gym bag together. So I missed my 2 lunch workouts yesterday, though I did manage to get my evening workout in. Last night, I went through the Spartacus workout from Men's Health Magazine. Since I'm starting off from such a handicapped position, I only made it through 1 cycle and 2 exercises before running out of gas.

This morning's workout, the "FIRE 30 Class" from the Turbo-Fire series, is clearly spawned by the children of Satan. I've seen this series in stored and on TV pitched at people as a way to lose weight. Judging by the first video, it will certainly do that. The catch is that you would get the same workout by running on the spot, mixing in random punching and kicking motions with the odd jumping jack. The instructor leads a group of people through a cardio routine, but these people have clearly been practicing. Frequently, and without warning or explanation, she will jump into a different motion.

Having said that, it seems enjoyable and the time went by quickly. I can only imagine that the more frequently I see these videos the easier they'll be to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment